Mr. Eure | Brewster High School
DAMAGES+ Writing Materials
• DAMAGES+ Redux: Revised Materials (2013) | Opens in Google Drive
• The following are archived versions of the rubric and writing guides:
• The Formative Writing Process
• DAMAGES+ Rubric
• DAMAGES+ Overview and Instructions
• DAMAGES+ Holistic Scoring Guide
• DAMAGES+ Categorical Breakdown
• DAMAGES+ Scoring Scale
Composition Guides and Tools
• Revision and Reflection Guidelines (POST)
• Submission Requirements (POST)
• Collaboration and Collegiality (POST)
• SOAPSTONE Tool
• Jay Heinrichs – Thank You for Arguing (Selected Appendices)
Search and Citation Guides
• Quick Guide: Google and Wikipedia | Covers how to use Google and Wikipedia to locate valid websites.
• Evaluating Web Pages (from UC Berkley) | Use this website to verify the websites you use, once you have found them through Google or Wikipedia.
• Research Method #1: Index Cards | An overview of how to use index cards to record secondary source details, analysis, and citation information.
• Research Method #2: Word Documents | This second method of recording secondary source information may be useful.
• Google Scholar Search | This takes you directly to the advanced search page for Google Scholar.
• Google Blog Search | This takes you directly to the advanced search page for blogs.
• Quick Guide: In-Line and Parenthetical Citations | Covers some of the research paper requirements.
• EasyBib.com (Citation Tool) | Use this tool carefully, recognizing both its utility and its dangers (e.g., typos are not corrected).
• CitationMachine.com (Citation Tool) | This second free resource should also be used carefully.
Sentence Variety Guides
• Building Phrases: Subjects and Predicates | From the University of Ottawa.
• Building Clauses: Subordinate and Coordinate Ideas | From the University of Ottawa.
• Building Sentences: Subordinate and Coordinate Ideas | From the University of Ottawa.
• Guide to Compound and Complex Sentences | By Professor Vincent Pirov at Merced College.